BraveHeart Legion Your community for good times! BraveHeart Gaming. An international gaming community!!....
<=BH=>Menu
HomeHome
    Home
<=BH=>Site Members
    <=BH=>Forums
    <=BH=>Profile
    <=BH=>PM
    <=BH=>Downloads
    <=BH=>Web Links
    <=BH=>Surveys
    <=BH=> File Host NL
    <=BH=>Content
    <=BH=>Feedback
<=BH=> BHL World of Tanks
    <=BH=> WOT signup
    <=BH=> WOT Rulebook
    <=BH=> WOT Admins
<=BH=>Statistics
    <=BH=>Top 10
<=BH=>News
    <=BH=>News
<=BH=>Other
    <=BH=>FAQ
    <=BH=>Recommend Us
<=BH=>User Info
Good evening 
Anonymous

Register
Lost Password
Username
Password

Online:
Member(s):

Guest(s):
01. Guest
02. Guest
03. Guest
04. Guest
05. Guest
06. Guest
07. Guest
08. Guest

Most Ever Online:
 Guest(s): 322
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 322
Forums Forums:
 Topics: 1,234
BraveHeart-Gaming an International gaming community. :: View topic - clan tactics........
Forum Index  ·  Usergroups  ·  Members  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Search  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Ranks  ·  Board Rules  ·  Staff  ·  Log in

Search for at
BraveHeart-Gaming an International gaming community. Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
 Mulberry Bayswater variety of compilation World of Tanks Legion dhviowpn 0 Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:13 am
dhviowpn View latest post
 Hei people, we are alone? TrackMania main channel narayan 0 Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:01 pm
narayan View latest post
 taggg TrackMania main channel ThomSzeh 0 Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:30 pm
ThomSzeh View latest post
 If you have a pc that can handle World of Tanks Legion xinkaiseo 0 Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:17 am
xinkaiseo View latest post
 Some of these issues are due BraveHeart Enemy-Territory! xinkaiseo 0 Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:15 am
xinkaiseo View latest post
clan tactics........

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post    BraveHeart-Gaming an International gaming community. Forum Index -> World of Tanks Legion -> Map Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueAngel
Site Owner
Site Owner
Game Admin
Game Admin

votes: 6
netherlands.png

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:35 pm Post subject: No icon clan tactics........ Reply with quote

click on the screenshot to see the cs army tactics to keep the gold in their clan.

just have your 4th team battle for it.... unfair if you ask me.

Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
armyofone

votes: 4
blank.png

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:25 pm Post subject: No icon Re: clan tactics........ Reply with quote

it appears that way, but there is a loophole, im not sure if THEY drew against their opponents, or if their OPPONENTS caused the draw, we can't know for sure unless they make it to the last battle and say "don't battle" for some reason... unfair no matter how you look at it though...
Lin3

votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:17 pm Post subject: No icon Re: clan tactics........ Reply with quote

Have you emailed this to the WoT moderators (or whatever they're called) to get their opinion on this?

It does seem to greatly increase their chance of keeping the territory if they seed teams into the 1/8 or 1/4 finals.

I think it's rather gamey tactics and against the spirit of the game.
armyofone

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:36 am Post subject: No icon Re: clan tactics........ Reply with quote

Ok, im gonna revive this thread, but on a different direction, we're going to talk MAP TACTICS:

I'm going to get straight to one of my points, we can kiss all chances of landing in northern Europe goodbye, it's hopeless! we need to move to the Mediterranean/Africa. I've watched our continued efforts to conquer Iceland fail time and time again, and even worse, I've watched every team that beat us or beat the team that beat us go on to be beat by the current landowners. It's just not possible, they're too good.

SO! where does this leave us? we need to try a different tactic. Sand river? we are admittedly not the strongest on this map, but we need to develop our skills/tactics on that map so that we can land.

On a side note to Blue: attempting to land where the current owner is a clan that is large and owns 3+ territories is probably not the best option, we might win the landing, but can we beat the owner?

Back on track: I have thought of a few new strategies we can try, they involve 4-5 artilleries positioned in some different positions. AND we'll need our heavy team to COMPLETELY understand where arty can and can not hit, if it can hit you there, DO.NOT.BE.THERE. we also need to defend, if the artillery survives, then you're halfway to victory, the other half is that arty takes FOREVER to reload, so if you're ATTACKING(attackeh!!! Razz ) we can support you with 1-3 shots depending on how long you survive. this is not optimal, we need to be given time to empty our payload on them, whittle them, THEN if we have a clear significant advantage, you move in. Sand River isn't like Cliff, there are no truly safe spots, we can ALWAYS whittle at them, we wont reach 4 minutes and say "oh no, we gotta move in and get them!" the battle can take all 15 minutes, but a rush is almost never necessary.

long story short: we need to try new landing zones that are more within our grasp. (BTW, abbey is another map we can attempt to land on)

thoughts? comments? hopes? dreams? Razz
TerryRF600
Game Admin
Game Admin

votes: 2
uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:35 am Post subject: No icon Re: clan tactics........ Reply with quote

I have had a look at the "Med" regions...and imo there are "Better" pickings ( NOT easier ).
Places like Dagestan, Maysan and Matrouh look to have possibilities and then there are the "BENCH" clan held areas, ( I have had a lot of battles against some of their higher tiered players and they seem doable BUT, they have quite a bit of territory down there ).
In a nutshell, we need to look at the weaker clans with very few territories. This would seem the best solution IF, IF we are to do a 1 on 1 but every other clan is vying for these too.
Therefore in summing-up, It will be tough anywhere we try to go, we just need to be more "Selective" and less fussy about provinces.

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
armyofone

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:01 pm Post subject: No icon Re: clan tactics........ Reply with quote

TerryRF600 wrote (View Post):
I have had a look at the "Med" regions...and imo there are "Better" pickings ( NOT easier ).
Places like Dagestan, Maysan and Matrouh look to have possibilities and then there are the "BENCH" clan held areas, ( I have had a lot of battles against some of their higher tiered players and they seem doable BUT, they have quite a bit of territory down there ).
In a nutshell, we need to look at the weaker clans with very few territories. This would seem the best solution IF, IF we are to do a 1 on 1 but every other clan is vying for these too.
Therefore in summing-up, It will be tough anywhere we try to go, we just need to be more "Selective" and less fussy about provinces.

most of what you say here is true, but the CS Army(s), 1Pad(s), and other well known territory holders are not trying to take territories down there, because they're much less valuable. examining the general "small time" territory holders, they seemed to average having 20 T10s. hard? yes, but still MUCH more doable than facing CS Army with 40+T10s. so, we will be facing weaker clans, with some strong competitors, but LESS strong competitors. that's all we need, better chances Smile (your sum up is pretty good Wink )
BlueAngel
Site Owner
Site Owner
Game Admin
Game Admin

votes: 6
netherlands.png

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:46 pm Post subject: No icon Re: clan tactics........ Reply with quote

to me its all the same...
i believe in the power of BHL, i believe we can beat anyone if we play as team, with ofc the right tanks.
We are stronger each weak, and we are now learning how to deal with the heavy teams.
its only matter of time, and im not afraid of cs army or who els....they should be scared of us..when they look good..they can see we are on the way.
people who have time todo analyses from where to land(wich i dont have) can send me each afternoon 15u CET a pm with the best territory to land.
Do your research in 2 time frames: 18.30 and 20.30 landings.

thx

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Wizzpete

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:26 am Post subject: No icon Re: clan tactics........ Reply with quote

I have no doubt that we will land, at some point.  We get closer and closer and although we sometmes have bad days, our quality and power in tiers improves to the point where we need to work on tactics a little better.

The biggest issue is not the landing - that will happen - but retaining our province once we have one.  The Alliances are now in the open and it shows how small clans are simply at a disadvantage regardless of the ability or spirit of the clan itself.

Confirmed also by Overlord in recent chat that 'Big Fish eat little Fish' and that the post CW tank freezes WILL happen our window for landing and holding a provice gets smaller as time goes on...

So what to do?  I think we need to review how we do things. We must be flexible in our approach to react to the enemy team. It would be nice to play some of the top clans in training and not when it matters to see how they work.

Dig In. We tend to be a defensive clan generally, but that is no bad thing. what we need is to be able to exploit openings, perhaps with a 'hit squad' squad of IS-7 and T-54s to plug gaps or bolster a flank or maybe exploit a hole in defenses.  Hold this squad back and use them when needed.

Attacking. Or we take a more aggressive approach.  Choose an attack route, have 4-5 to defend other choke points but majority power through on one side.

Artillery. We now have some big guns but it is apparent arty is hugely important on alot of maps.  We have lost many a battle because arty has killed us.  Part of this is knowing where to hide from arty. It would be useful if we all had an arty piece to see from their perspective if what you think is a good hiding place actually is.  Sun Tzu said that you must know your enemy in order to defeat him and thsi holds true today.

Map selection.  Maybe we look at Africa continent, as has been suggested as there seems to be less Alliances there.  Where we land probably won't affect the landiong so much, but I'd say Africa is easier to hold onto (the rewards are less so big allainces aren't inetretsed but even a small gold income is, frankly, better than what we have now) We certainly need to choose maps that are to our strengths and choose landings with maps that suit our makeup.

Just a thought. We still need as many tier 10s as possible to allow selection appropriate to the map. We need good arty numbers. Once you get to Tier 7, splash damage alone can kill damaged tanks.

Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post BraveHeart-Gaming an International gaming community. Forum Index -> World of Tanks Legion ->  Map Talk Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: